Burns & McDonnell is a company made up of more than 7,000
engineers, architects, construction professionals, scientists,
consultants and entrepreneurs with offices across the country and
throughout the world. Burns & McDonnell is 100 percent
employee-owned and is proud to be on Fortunes 2020 list of 100 Best
Companies to Work For.
Burns & McDonnell has exciting opportunities for Electrical
Engineers interested in growing their careers in one of the most
fast paced, innovative companies for high tech building design and
construction. Project focus would be mission-critical data center
projects. This opportunity hires directly into that team and into
an industry of more than $17 billion. Data Centers are an
aggressive market for Burns & McDonnell and are highlighted by
several priority articles on our site.
Specific areas of responsibility include the following:
- Designing electrical systems/equipment to provide for a useful
and safe workplace.
- Advise clients regarding electrical systems/requirements
available to meet their needs and comply with safety codes.
- Monitor installation of designed equipment/systems to ensure
compliance with design specifications and safety codes.
- Participate in developing the design criteria for protective
device coordination, relay applications, medium voltage
transformers, switchgear, medium and low voltage distribution.
- Reviews electrical designs and specifications of equipment or
systems being purchased or fabricated.
- Developing concept studies and design.
- Enforces standards and practices.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related degree
from an ABET accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Electrical or related Engineering
Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful
completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering may be
substituted for 1 year experience.
- 3 years of electrical engineering experience, consulting
- Successful completion (i.e.passing) FE or EIT preferred.
- Strong knowledge in standard engineering techniques and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative
problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking
- Proficient in standard engineering techniques and
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong computer skills include AutoCAD, MicroStation, 2D and 3D
rendering programs and other analysis programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building,
collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a better place every day.
When we take on some of the worlds toughest challenges, were
putting the industrys best thinking to work, striving to create
amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our
employee-owners. Our staff of more than 7,000 engineers,
architects, construction professionals, scientists, consultants and
business professionals is constantly growing.
We have offices and projects across the U.S. and around the globe.
We are proud to rank among FORTUNE magazines 100 Best Companies to
Work For. Our culture, powered by 100% employee ownership, plays a
major role in getting us there. Each employee brings a high level
of commitment to every project. Clients have shown their
appreciation of this dedication, rewarding us with a 90% repeat
business rate and decades-long partnerships. Thats pretty cool for
a firm that started as a small engineering consulting shop back in
At Burns & McDonnell, youll have the opportunity to make a
difference while fulfilling your personal and professional
ambitions. Our entrepreneurial culture lets you guide your destiny
and shape the path your career travels. And with hundreds of
service specialties, your career and development options are
Are you ready to create amazing? Burns & McDonnell is an Equal
Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans