Company: Burns McDonnell
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Assistant Architect will assist project teams to create
world class designs for new projects, alterations and
redevelopments on a variety of project types including corporate,
healthcare, sport venues, data centers, airports, institutional,
industrial, manufacturing, government and military facilities. The
Assistant Architect will work with the project team throughout the
design and construction process, adapting architectural plans
according to budget constraints, environmental factors or client
- Assists in the architectural design of projects from the
conceptual phase through construction administration.
- Assists with modifying and reviewing production drawings for a
variety of building types.
- Assists in designing interiors based on client vision and
architectural needs and requirements that are set forth by the
- Applies basic knowledge of commonly used architectural
concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the architecture
- Assists with research and complies project related data as
- Assists with correcting and updating drawings provided by
senior architects to ensure corrections are made within multiple
- Assists with client presentations, renderings and marketing
- Assists in performing field inspections, measurements or
calculations for public and private clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture from NAAB
accredited program is required.
- Master's degree in Architecture may be substituted for one year
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience
- Involvement on campus or in the community.
- Basic knowledge in standard architectural techniques,
principles and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative
problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Basic software and computer skills required including AutoCAD,
BIM (Revit), 3D Rendering Programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building,
collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e.
without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for
work sponsorship) in the country where this position is
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a better place every day.
When we take on some of the worlds toughest challenges, were
putting the industrys best thinking to work, striving to create
amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our
employee-owners. Our staff of more than 7,000 engineers,
architects, construction professionals, scientists, consultants and
business professionals is constantly growing.
We have offices and projects across the U.S. and around the globe.
We are proud to rank among FORTUNE magazines 100 Best Companies to
Work For. Our culture, powered by 100% employee ownership, plays a
major role in getting us there. Each employee brings a high level
of commitment to every project. Clients have shown their
appreciation of this dedication, rewarding us with a 90% repeat
business rate and decades-long partnerships. Thats pretty cool for
a firm that started as a small engineering consulting shop back in
At Burns & McDonnell, youll have the opportunity to make a
difference while fulfilling your personal and professional
ambitions. Our entrepreneurial culture lets you guide your destiny
and shape the path your career travels. And with hundreds of
service specialties, your career and development options are
Are you ready to create amazing? Burns & McDonnell is an Equal
Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Keywords: Burns McDonnell, Mission , Architect, Other , mission, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!