Aerostat Site Lead (Roma, TX)
Company: WILLCOR Inc
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job Title:--Aerostat Site Lead
Location: Roma, TX
Citizenship:--Must be U.S. Citizen
Requirement: Must be able to pass background--investigation
Salary:--Competitive, w/ Full benefits
Willcor, Inc. is seeking qualified personnel to fill the role of
Aerostat site lead for tactical Aerostat systems. The Aerostat
systems provide persistent surveillance, detection capabilities, to
our U.S. Government customer.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of all site personnel
and resources to ensure performance of all required tasks. Acts as
single point-of-contact and control over Aerostat mission support
activity during assigned work shift, including direct control of
all crew activity relative to Aerostat pre-launch, launch, ascent,
transition, station keeping, and recovery.
- Supervises and supports all flight, logistics and maintenance
operations at the site.
- Maintains adequate around-the-clock manning.
- Provides official site interface with the customer and Willcor,
Inc. program management personnel
- Has full authority to make on-the-spot decisions necessary for
safe and reliable site operations
- Initiates and implements internal procedures and policies
necessary to provide effective operation and maintenance.
- Ensures that site activities function in accordance with
established policies, procedures and directives.
- Ensures compliance with policy and management objectives.
- Develops and monitors a qualified technical and support
- Maintains site awareness of current status of local weather
conditions and weather trends as they influence mission
- Communicates with the Aerostat Control Center, Meteorological
Forecast Facilities, and other Government agencies as
- Responsible for site personnel cognizance of system
- Emphasizes quality control at all operational levels within the
site, monitors all quality control reports and ensures that
aggressive action is taken to identify and correct
- Performs Flight Director duties as required
- Conducts routine Aerostat performance computations as necessary
to acquire data results relative to Aerostat system state-of-health
- Determines when helium addition is required and computes the
quantity to be added.
- Ensures that site security functions are accomplished and that
any unusual security conditions are reported.
- May perform duties associated with site safety, security,
training, and maintenance control.
- Directs and oversees corrective and preventive maintenance on
the Aerostat and control subsystems, power and control subsystems,
tether subsystem, meteorological equipment, ground station
electronic subsystems, payload and communications subsystems, and
site facility electronics as appropriate.
- Coordinates resupply and repair logistics activities for the
Aerostat electronics subsystems.
- Trains and certifies other personnel in selected Aerostat
electronic subsystem procedures.
- May be required to work in special man-lift vehicles. Functions
as a key member of the flight crew for inflation, deflation,
launch, recovery, maintenance, and in-flight activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.--
You have a Bachelor's Degree in a related field with 3+ years of
related work experience or an Associate's Degree with 4+ years of
related work experience. 6+ years of related work experience may be
substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- You have supervisory work experience.
- You have Aerostat systems operating knowledge. 5-years
preferred in at least one of the following systems: RAID / PGSS /
PTDS / PSST-M / PSST-L.
- You are able to attain and maintain certifications as
- You have excellent organizational skills, as well as excellent
verbal and communication skills.
- You have advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word / Excel /
PowerPoint / Project).
- You have a valid U.S. Driver's license.
- You are able to understand, speak, read and write English
- You have proof of U.S. residency (required).--
It'd be even better if you---
- Are able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Are able to perform the following physical activities:
stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and
working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure
to physical, chemical or biological agents.
- Are able to use the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to
head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective
devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published
company work rules.
- Are comfortable working in interior and exterior work
environments, sometimes in inclement weather. May be required to
travel for extended periods as needed.--
This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a
position of public trust. In order to obtain this position, you
must currently be a U.S. Citizen and U.S. Resident and be able to
show proof of citizenship and residency.
Keywords: WILLCOR Inc, Mission , Aerostat Site Lead (Roma, TX), Other , Roma, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!