Clinical Staff Pharmacist - New Graduate Welcome !
Company: Popular Pharmacy
Location: Rio Grande City
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionPopular Pharmacy in Rio Grande City, TX is
looking for one clinical staff pharmacist - new graduate welcome !
popular pharmacy to join our 21 person strong team. We are located
on 5326 E Us Highway 83, Ste A 5. Our ideal candidate is a
self-starter, motivated, and hard-working.Job descriptionWe are
looking for a full-time Clinical Staff Pharmacist to provide
accurate medication distribution services and offer patients
counseling on their medication needs. The successful candidate will
be able to utilize the information available to track and
understand each client's medication history, perform MTM and make
recommendations to physicians as the situation requires. The
Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring that each prescription is
filled in a timely manner and meets the health requirements of
patients.As a Staff Pharmacist, you have a critical role at the
forefront of delivering our purpose, modeling our values, and
demonstrating genuine, authentic care for our patients. In addition
to supporting the Pharmacy Manager in leading and directing your
Pharmacy Technician Support Staff, you are accountable for
supporting the management, oversight and operation of all aspects
within your pharmacy. Staff Pharmacist is also responsible for
ensuring the proper compounding, dispensation, review and
verification of prescribed medications within regulatory
guidelines, company policies and procedures.Clinical Staff
Pharmacist responsibilities and duties
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering
assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues in
a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive customer
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer
experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye
contact, courtesy, etc.) and service traits (e.g., offering help
proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied,
- Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers by
anticipating customer needs and proactively offering services.
Supports efforts on enhancing customer experience by increasing
focus on healthcare services (e.g. patient consultation, medication
management, drug therapy reviews, and perform retail, clinical, or
wellness services such as immunizations, flu shots, and diabetes
and other metabolic disease awareness and education) thereby
promoting the shift of the pharmacy role from transactional to
- Counsels patients and answers their questions regarding usage
of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient
information privacy, generics, less expensive medicines,
over-the-counter products, and refers to medical provider as needed
to ensure medication is taken correctly, health needs addressed,
and satisfaction with service.
- Performs pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy
reviews, verification, and medication management. Reviews,
interprets and accurately dispenses prescribed medications when
necessitated by workload.
- Ensures the pharmacy operates in accordance to regulations,
company policies and standards. Assists pharmacy manager with
establishing procedures that promotes the efficient workflow of the
pharmacy including assigning roles, coordinating activities and
soliciting employee suggestions. Responsible for the opening and
closing of the pharmacy and shift change duties.
- Ensures the use of all elements of the PMP in conjunction with
state and federal controlled substance laws when filling
- Maintains current knowledge of information technology
associated with pharmacy systems to provide support to customers as
well as pharmacy staff. Proposes and implements enhancements to
pharmacy systems to further promote productivity.
- Ensures the accurate processing of insurance claims to resolve
customer issues and prevent payment rejections. Follows-up with
insurance companies as well as medical providers and participates
in 3rd party audit.
- Follows-up with medical providers' offices to clarify
prescribed medications, dosages, refills, interactions and
allergies to suggest alternative medications, and answer medical
- Performs retail, clinical, and wellness services such as
immunizations, flu shots, diabetes awareness and other preventive
- Assists and supports the pharmacy manager in analyzing
performance data including pharmacy financial, customer service,
and implementation of procedures for pharmacy asset protection and
inventory management. Reviews Pharmacy performance metrics with
- Develops and maintains good relationships with local medical
community including physicians, nurses, and other health care
providers. Participates in community outreach activities to promote
the pharmacy business and further enhance growth
- Assists the Pharmacy Manager with staff hiring and training.
Reinforces the direction of Pharmacy Manager in staff performance
by coaching, and providing constructive feedback, monitoring
customer service, and fostering employee development.
- Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing
expectations, monitors and recognizes progress, and fosters a
- Maintains current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy and
healthcare by reading pharmacy related journals, company
publications, and communications. Maintains awareness of
developments in retail and management and pursues best practices
that would enhance performance.
- Obtains necessary certifications, education credits and
training as required by the Company.
- Seeks professional development by monitoring one's performance,
solicits for constructive feedback, and leverages pharmacy manager
and store manager as mentor and coach.
- Supports the Pharmacy Manager by communicating relevant
corporate strategy information to pharmacy staff.Experience /
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both
internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense
- Ability to work weekends and extended days on a frequent
- Ability to work day, evening, and/or night shift.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and frequently.
- Ability to perform different tasks on different days as
- Ability to respond to interruptions and then return seamlessly
to task at hand
- Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining a
sense of calm.
- Ability to multi-task for extended periods of time.Education,
Licenses and Skills
- Bachelor's degree (BS), Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.), or
equivalent in Pharmacy (FPGEE) from an accredited educational
institution, and Immunization Certification through an accredited
organization (i.e. APhA).
- Current pharmacist licensure in Texas or any other state in USA
and willing to obtain Texas license within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum 1 of year of experience as a pharmacist in a retail
setting in USA/Canada including prescription filling and
verification, records and legal compliance, pharmacy operations,
pharmacy software and technology systems and insurance
- Skilled in Medication Therapy management and Disease State
Management in Cardiology, Endocrinology, Infectious diseases,
Oncology, Psychiatry etc
- Skilled in opioid de-addiction treatment protocols with
Methadone, SuboxoneR etcJob Type: Full-timeAvailable shifts and
compensation: Available shifts all days except Sundays.
Compensation depends on your experience.About Popular Pharmacy :
Popular Pharmacy is looking for qualified individuals to join our
team. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, motivated and
trustworthy. https://www.mypopularrx.com/ Learn more about us at
www.mypopularrx.com.By applying to this job, you agree to receive
periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your
pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and
Keywords: Popular Pharmacy, Mission , Clinical Staff Pharmacist - New Graduate Welcome !, Hospitality & Tourism , Rio Grande City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!