Speech Language Pathologist - Mission, TX
Company: Kindred Hospitals
Location: Sullivan City
Posted on: November 19, 2022
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of
course! Our therapists answer this special calling because they
have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In
return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments
created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and
satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward
environment, our therapists provide compassionate rehabilitation
care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful
outcomes, and bonds for life. The goal of inpatient rehabilitation
is to help your patients live as independently as possible through
specialized treatment programs.
Our care is designed specifically to help patients who have been
impaired by an injury or illness such as a stroke, orthopedic or
other neurological conditions. All of our rehabilitation hospitals
feature care provided by an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
committed to helping patients progress to recovery. Our care is
designed to help patients improve abilities and return to a more
As a -Speech Language Pathologist / SLP -you will:
- Play an important part in helping our -patient to recover and
feel better about themselves by providing therapy to maximize
speech, language, cognitive and swallowing abilities.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and
other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges
daily to patient records.
- Document patient care in accordance with Kindred Healthcare,
Inc., regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting
- Instruct patient's family or nursing staff in follow-through
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean
- Make presentations to support marketing efforts, at team
conferences and in-services.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company's
Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement,
appropriate professional standard and applicable state/federal
As a -Speech Language Pathologist / SLP -you will have:
- Graduate of a master's level program in Speech Language
Pathology which is accredited by Education Standards Board or whose
practice meets ASHA certification requirements.
- Meet the education and experience requirements for
Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology
or Audiology granted by ASHA
- Minimum of six months speech therapist / speech language
pathologist experience working with an adult and geriatric
- Current and unrestricted Speech Language Pathologist license in
the state where services are rendered.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
If you are a current -Kindred employee -Click Here.
Keywords: Kindred Hospitals, Mission , Speech Language Pathologist - Mission, TX, Healthcare , Sullivan City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!